Saturday, September 3, 2016
Varsity Girls Race at 8:45am
Varsity Boys at 9:30am
JV Girls and Boys at 10:15am
Boys and Girls JV Combined
5:30am Meet and leave from Pruett’s parking lot
7:10am Arrive at Berry College
7:45am Girls Varsity Warmup
8:30am Boys Varsity Warmup
8:45am Girls Varsity Race
9:15am Boys and Girls JV Warmup
9:30am Boys Varsity Race
10:15am Boys and Girls JV Warmup
All varsity Boys and Girls will leave Saturday morning at 6am from Pruett’s – please do not be late as we are on a tight time line for the girls race that starts at 8:45am and we need to leave at 5:30am. We will drive straight to the Berry College campus (no stops) and set up our tent. Girls will start warming up at 7:45am and Boys at 8:30am. JV can leave Pruett’s at 7am and set up a second caravan for an additional hour of sleep. They should arrive about the time the Varsity girls race is starting. Entry fee is $5/car!
· Take I-75 South to Exit 312 (Highway 53).
· Take Highway 53 West through Calhoun to Rome (approximately 25 mi.).
· Turn right onto Rome Loop 1 (Veterans Memorial Highway) at the light (you will see Calvary Baptist Church on your right).
· Turn right at the 3rd light (see The Martha Berry Museum on your left) onto Martha Berry Hwy (U.S. Highway 27 North).
· Drive 0.7 mi., then turn left into Berry College main entrance
Please call us if you have any travel problems or will be late.
Special Athlete Instructions:
- The weather is going to great and much cooler!
- Bring your uniform and spikes or racing flats
- Bring multiple pairs of socks as the grass will be wet in the morning.
- Wear your Signal Mountain long sleeve or short sleeve shirt for warm up along with a pair of light sweat pants.
- Bring a cooler of water, Gatorade, recovery drink and food
- Please stay to cheer all of our athletes and hopefully take a few pictures when we make it to the awards
Awards: Open: top 10 male and female individuals
HS varsity: top 4 teams and top 20 individuals
HS JV: top 10 male and female individuals
Results: Finish results are being provided by the Perfect Timing Group. They will be announced and posted as soon as possible near the check-in tent. Full results will be posted on the Berry College web site;www.berryvikings.com/landing/index